The Nebraska Independent College Foundation has administered scholarship programs for several major corporations and foundations in Nebraska since 1962. NICF's scholarship programs allow businesses and foundations to award scholarships to students attending Nebraska's independent, non-tax-supported colleges without becoming involved in the actual student selection process. NICF handles all the administrative work, including correspondence, follow-up, evaluation, notification and payment. In addition, NICF also prepares a report for presentation to each scholarship donor giving a brief biographical history of each recipient, along with a picture of the student and personal thank you note from the student to the donor.
Each scholarship donor determines selection guidelines, including amounts of awards, participating colleges, criteria for selection and renewal procedures.
If you have an interest in establishing a named scholarship program, or if you are currently administering a program internally and wish to make a change, we will be pleased to discuss this matter with you.
The Nebraska Independent College Foundation currently administers scholarship programs for the following foundations, corporations, businesses and individuals:
- Abel Foundation
- Anheuser-Busch of Nebraska (Grand Island/Lincoln/Omaha)
- Bank of the West
- Black Hills Energy
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nebraska
- Cattle National Bank of Seward
- Dr. C. C. and Mabel L. Criss Memorial Foundation
- Virgil R. Eihusen Endowment Fund
- Endicott Clay Products Company
- Great Western Bank of Omaha
- Kaufmann-Cummings Foundation
- Kawasaki Motors Manufacturing Corp., U.S.A.
- Lincoln Benefit Life Company
- Mahoney-Hill Charitable Fund Trust
- Orthman Family Foundation
- Plattsmouth State Bank
- Quivey-Bay State Foundation
- Edgar and Frances Reynolds Foundation
- Florence Reynolds Scholarship (Connie and Dennis Dailey)
- Security National Bank of Omaha
- Rod Stuehm Memorial Foundation
- Time Warner Cable
- UPS Foundation
Find NICF on Facebook